In Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course episode 1, Gordon teaches how to cook with confidence. Recipes include delicious pork chops with sweet and sour peppers, and pan-fried scallops with crunchy apple salad, and Gordon shares a tip for keeping your knives sharp. Step into the world of high-class cuisine with the very first episode of the esteemed culinary tutorial series, “Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course.” This captivating series is brought to life by none other than the globally celebrated and famously fiery chef, Gordon Ramsay. His unmatched expertise and charismatic personality make every episode a true masterclass in the art of cooking.
Gordon Ramsay goes one on one with the viewer to teach them step by step how to cook on a budget, bake like a pro, make tasty fast food and a 5 star feast. In this comprehensive and accessible culinary guide, world-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay engages directly with you, the viewer. He meticulously breaks down the art of cooking, providing step-by-step instructions on how to prepare sumptuous meals without breaking the bank.
From showing you how to bake with the proficiency of a seasoned professional, to crafting delectable fast food that rivals any restaurant, Ramsay’s expertise is evident in every lesson. What’s more, he demonstrates how to create a lavish five-star feast, ensuring you’re equipped with the skills to impress at any dinner table. All these lessons come together to form a complete culinary education, delivered with Ramsay’s signature flair and passion.
Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course episode 1
If you are a fan of Gordon Ramsay and his cooking shows, you might want to check out his Ultimate Cookery Course TV series, which aired in 2012. In this series, Ramsay teaches viewers how to cook simple, delicious and affordable dishes that anyone can master at home. Here are some highlights from the show and what you can learn from it.
How to cook with confidence
One of the main goals of the show is to help viewers gain confidence in the kitchen and overcome their fears of cooking. Ramsay shows how to use minimal ingredients and basic techniques to create amazing dishes that look and taste great. He also shares his tips and tricks for keeping knives sharp, seasoning food properly, making sauces and dressings, and avoiding common mistakes.
How to cook with chili and spice
Another theme of the show is how to cook with chili and spice, which can add flavor, color and heat to any dish. Ramsay demonstrates how to make red mullet with sweet chili sauce, classic jerk chicken, slow-cooked fiery lamb, beef tacos with wasabi mayo, and more. He also explains how to balance spicy flavors with sweet, sour and salty elements, and how to adjust the heat level according to your preference.
How to bake like a pro
Baking is often seen as a daunting task that requires precise measurements and skills, but Ramsay shows that it can be fun and easy with some simple recipes and tips. He teaches how to make olive, tomato and rosemary focaccia, quick flatbreads with lemon, thyme and ricotta, baked cheesecake, chocolate brownies, and more. He also reveals his secrets for making perfect pastry, dough, batter and frosting.
How to make fast food and street food
If you love fast food and street food but want to make it healthier and cheaper at home, Ramsay has some recipes for you. He shows how to make smoky pork sliders with homemade BBQ sauce, chicken stir-fry with rice noodles, spicy pancakes, homemade crumpets, mushroom and leek pasta, spicy tuna fishcakes, and more. He also gives advice on how to use leftovers, store food safely, and cook in bulk.
How to make a 5 star feast
If you want to impress your guests with a 5 star feast that looks like it came from a restaurant, Ramsay has some ideas for you. He shows how to make sticky pork ribs, caramelized figs with ricotta, slow-cooked beef short ribs, pork belly with fennel, roasted mackerel with garlic and paprika, homemade gnocchi, and more. He also teaches how to plate food beautifully, serve wine correctly, and set the mood for a special occasion.
Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course is a great way to learn from one of the best chefs in the world and improve your skills as a home cook. You can watch the show on BritBox or Prime Video Channels or buy the book that accompanies the series. You will discover new recipes, techniques and tips that will make you a better cook in no time.
Pork Chops with Peppers
Let’s delve into the delicious recipe of Pork Chops with Peppers. Here’s the detailed method:
1. Begin by preparing the succulent peppers. Warm a bit of olive oil in a large, spacious frying pan and then introduce the onion and peppers to the mix. Season this medley with a dash of salt and pepper and sprinkle some sugar over it. Sauté this mixture over a high flame for around 4–5 minutes until the vegetables become soft and take on a delightful color. Ensure that you can hear a gentle hissing from the vegetables in the pan. If there’s no sizzle, your pan isn’t hot enough, and you risk boiling the vegetables instead of frying them, losing that wonderful caramelization.
2. After the initial sauté, introduce some vinegar into the pan and let it bubble away for a couple of minutes. This allows the vinegar to reduce, and the peppers to soften further. Now, it’s time to turn down the heat and incorporate a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, cooking for an additional 2–3 minutes. Stir in the shredded basil leaves, allowing them to release their aromatic oils as they cook for another 30 seconds. Once done, remove the heat. Transfer this pepper mixture into a bowl and set it aside to allow the flavors to meld together. Don’t forget to clean the pan in preparation for the pork.
3. Now, onto the star of the show – the pork chops. Utilize a sharp knife to create small incisions into the fat of the chops. These cuts should be about 5mm deep and spaced at 3–4cm intervals. It’s crucial not to cut into the meat itself, as these cuts prevent the meat from curling up during the cooking process, ensuring an even cook. Generously season the chops on both sides, massaging the seasoning into the meat to infuse flavor.
4. Place the cleaned pan back onto the high heat until it’s searing hot, then add a dash of oil. Introduce the chops, garlic, and thyme into the pan, letting them fry for 2–3 minutes until they take on a deliciously golden color. Flip the chops over and repeat the process on the other side, nestling the thyme under the chops and breaking up the garlic a bit for even flavor distribution.
5. As the cooking time draws to a close, add 3 knobs of butter into the pan. Baste the chops with this melted butter as they continue to cook. This not only accelerates the cooking process but also keeps the chops succulent and juicy. Push the fatty edge of the chops towards the back of the pan to help render the fat. Squeeze the cooked garlic out of its skin and place it along with the herbs on top of the chops.
6. Once perfectly cooked, transfer the chops to a plate. Allow them to rest for a period of 5–10 minutes, intermittently spooning over the flavorful basting butter.
7. To serve, place the rested chops atop the beautifully prepared peppers. Drizzle over the resting juices from the meat and a touch of juice from the peppers to complete this culinary masterpiece.