In Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course episode 17, Gordon’s cookery course continues, as he shares his perfect TV dinners. Recipes include delicious mushroom and leek pasta, stunning sweetcorn fritters with yoghurt dip plus Gordon shares his top tips for buying pasta.
Leek And Mushroom Pasta
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute sliced mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add garlic cloves and stir nicely.
2. Mix in chopped leeks and pour chicken stock, season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer on low flame for 5 minutes until liquids are reduced, add cream and again let it simmer for 3 – 4 minutes.
3. Boil water in a pan and when it is bubbling hot drop in lasagna sheets. Make sure lasagna sheets do not stick to the bottom of the pan. Once pasta is cooked drain it in colander and rinse under cold water.
4. Pile lasagna sheets one on top of other and cut lengthwise into 2 inch wide strips.
5. Add the lasagna strips into the simmering sauce and let it sit there for 5 minutes so that pasta absorbs the sauce.
6. Switch of the gas and finish with oregano, chilly flakes and parsley.
7. Serve hot with grilled toast!!